The tragedy occurred at Tiffany’s Hotel on the Promenade in Blackpool (Picture: PA)

A 10-year-old boy who died after suffering an electric shock in the reception area of a seaside hotel has been named.

Jack Piper-Sheach, from Wales, tragically died from his injuries at Tiffany’s Hotel on Blackpool’s famed promenade.

Lancashire Police said they were called to the guest house, known locally as the ‘pink hotel’, shortly after 10.30pm on September 3 after a boy was found unresponsive.

They said he was then taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and had injuries ‘consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity’.

The youngster’s family were by his bedside as doctors made every effort to save him before he tragically passed away four days later on September 7.

Coroner Alan Wilson has now confirmed that an inquest into his death at Blackpool and Fylde Coroner’s Court will open on Friday, September 15.

After initial enquiries, police handed their investigation into the incident to Blackpool Council.

And the local authority advised the hotel to temporarily close while it undertakes health and safety investigations.

A spokesperson for Blackpool Council said: ‘The investigation is still ongoing and at this stage. We are unable to predict when the hotel will be able to reopen.

‘We are carrying out the investigation and officers from the Health and Safety Executive have been offering specialist support.’

Following news of Jack’s tragic passing, a spokesperson for the Tiffany’s Hotel said they were ‘heartbroken’.

They said: ‘We are heartbroken by the news we have received today, and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.

‘We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.